Procedure for Protecting Personal Data
SII NanoTechnology USA Inc. recognizes that protecting personal data (“Personal Data”), which is information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (“Individual”) and which you provide with on the SII NanoTechnology USA Inc.’s web site, is of utmost importance. SII NanoTechnology USA Inc. is adopting the following procedure to protect Personal Data.
- SII NanoTechnology USA Inc. collects Personal Data, specifying the purpose for which Personal Data is collected, by lawful and fair means.
- SII NanoTechnology USA Inc. uses the Personal Data only to the extent necessary to complete the explicit purpose of its collection.
- SII NanoTechnology USA Inc. keeps Personal Data accurate and up-to-date, and makes every efforts to protect them by reasonable security safeguards against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification or leakage. Also, when submitting such Personal Data to a third party for the completion of a specific service to that individual, SII NanoTechnology USA Inc. will supervise the handling of that data by the third party to ensure the data is protected.
- SII NanoTechnology USA Inc. accepts, in principle and within a reasonable period of time, requests for access to, correction or deletion of, or refusals of use (“opt out”) or disclosure of Personal Data by the Individual.
- SII NanoTechnology USA Inc. establishes or appoints a special organization or a responsible person for the handling of complaints and consultation from the Individual with respect to Personal Data.
- SII NanoTechnology USA Inc. complies with applicable laws and regulations relating to protection of Personal Data.
*”Personal Data” means data relating to an individual such as name, date of birth, address, office, credit card number, bank account number, personal preferences or other descriptions or from numbers, symbols, other marks, images or sounds assigned to the individual (including data in which an individual cannot be directly identified, but can be identified by collating with other data).